Monday, August 5, 2013

Washi tape is the new (and cuter) thumb tack

I saw on pinterest the use of washi tape to hang photos on a dorm wall, and then the next day I was at a magical store with a wide variety. I’ve never seen any since, so it must have been fate.

Washi tape is Japanese decorative tape, it is really just pretty masking tape. I brought all of these wedding pictures here to Hawaii, but I’ve not lived in a place where you can put holes in the wall so I figured I would give the washi tape thing a try. Turned out pretty cute if you ask me!  Even cuter than I had imagined, almost too cutesy… but a major improvement to a bare wall.
Because that turned out so good, I thought I would try to use it to make a big calendar on our bedroom wall. I usually make a big calendar with butcher paper, yard sticks and sharpie pens. I thought it might be cuter and easier to hang it on the wall and make the lines with Washi tape. I was wrong AND right. It was way more time consuming, but much, much cuter. It makes me happy to wake up to cute things and a clean house... so at least I can check one off my list!

1 comment:

  1. does you calender say for the aug 28th madeline is COMING!! woot woot!! ;)

    ReplyDelete