Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 10ish Moab baby!



Holy Smokes!  I can’t  believe it has been a week since I have posted. When we got to SLC I came down with a wicked awful cold.  It was a bad sore throat, accompanied by a feeling akin to being hit by a bus.  It whipped me out for 2 days straight.  No internet access at Jon’s sisters place… So I was reduced to watching movies and sleeping (which is really how it should be :-). This gave Jon the opportunity to skate with his buddies for endless hours for the first few days we were here.  He did a really good job of checking in and taking care of me though.  
Nothing could keep me from going to Moab for the weekend. I went with the best case expectation of having enough energy to at least look out the window as we drove through the park. The BEST case scenario happened… I started the feel better on day 1 regained enough energy while we were there to hike with the group and got to see the arches in all of their glory! Below are some pictures of our escapades in the red sand:
















3 comments:

  1. Awesome. So glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! What a gorgeous place! Looks like you had fun! And I am glad you got to enjoy it and got feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! I'm happy everything worked out for you, being sick sucks!!

    ReplyDelete