Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 5: Idaho Adventure



Monday was spent exploring… and explore we did!  Jon went shooting with Alex Burns. Carrie and Alex also fed us lunch on Sunday and we got to watch the last session of conference with them.  They were our first married friends and Cari is prego with baby #2 and about to pop!  Cari spent most of the time trying to induce labor because her doc was going out of town. I hope I have half her energy when I am pregnant!! Jon is not much for guns or shooting them... but when in Idaho…
After a run up to the temple (I did not stop once up that monster of  a hill!) I met up with Madeline for a tour of the BYU-I campus.  Boy has it changed!  I spent most of our tour time trying to remember what the MC used to look like.  It looks super nice and we had lunch in a fancy shmancy cafeteria. Weird.  We took a few photo’s to commemorate the occasion:
We picked up Madeline’s friend Emmi , piled in the bus and headed up to Mesa Falls.  We got to stop in Ashton where my Grandma grew up.  I have SO many fond memories of Ashton and the farm and the drug store with milk shakes.  
Jon and I both agreed that our favorite part of Idaho was the trip up to the falls.  Jon got to see how pretty Idaho could be for really the first time. I enjoyed watching him discover it. He’s totally game for fishing with Grandpa and more adventures in this area, and I could not be happier.
For dinner we went to Big Jud’s in Archer. They serve ridiculously big hamburgers. We were starving and it defiantly hit the spot!



No comments:

Post a Comment