Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 3: Rexburg'n it up



We woke up to a warm breakfast and Saturday morning conference. General Conference is where the leaders of LDS church give talks in five- 2 hour sessions over two days. I always glean new insights into my life and it feels like a spiritual renewal. I love General Conference weekend, and it was especially fun to be in Rexburg. It felt like old times for me. After the first session, Jon and I went on a run by the temple. It was a beautiful sunny day, and it was nice and brisk outside and that made for a great run! It felt so good to move my body after 2 days of road tripping! We made it to Madeline’s (Jon’s sister) apartment for the second session. It was so fun to see her in her element at school and meet her roomies. While Jon was at the Priesthood session (for Men only) Madeline and I wandered over to Deseret book where they hold a Ladies Night during the Priesthood session.  We won a book! AND it was one that Madeline actually wanted.  That made me feel better for dragging her there on an empty stomach. 


Jon met up with us and we went to Mill Hollow for some Fro Yo and sandwiches. It was one of my favorite places when I went to school here.  They blend fruit into the Fro-yo and were around long before the fro-yo craze. There was a gal working there who Jon knew from his mission (Katy Burton), so he got the down-low on how things are going, and got really excited for that part of our journey! Plus she might be able to get Madeline a job there. SWEET!

 

4 comments:

  1. Melijon, Great posts! We are excited to see you! I have a favor to ask, please note the miles and times between departures and destinations if possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steven. We also need to know the gas mileage, fastest and slowest speeds, and how many bugs on the windshield each day. No, but seriously, looks like your trip is off to a great start!! Love the cover pictures with Bluebell, you and John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun read. I can't wait to see what comes next! We miss you!

    marissa

    ReplyDelete