Saturday, October 6, 2012

Road to Rexburg

We took Highway 2 from Boise to Rexburg so that we could see the Craters of the Moon. It was a really pretty drive, and we stopped at many of the historic sites about the Oregon Trail.  Jon would read them in a prospector voice. That made it pretty legit.  I read the original operators manual to the bus out loud as we drove. We learned all sorts of nifty facts… like the window washer fluid opening is in the cab right next to the feet of the passenger seat.  Jon ran out really far onto the craters.



He also took pictures of me in the sunset.


We made it to Idaho Falls around 9 and we got to eat at Carino’s for a late dinner. I worked at that place for 4 years, so it was fun to be there again and eat some of my favorite dishes. There were a few people I knew still working there… but I forgot their names, and I felt bad so I did not say hi. We got to Rexburg around 10:30 and settled into our bed at my Great Aunt Grace’s house. It was freakishly cold outside and we were super happy for a bed indoors!

No comments:

Post a Comment