Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 27-28: Hanging out in Fort Worth



We’ve been all over seeing people and attractions here in Fort Worth.

We’ve been to several of Jon’s favorite places to eat when he lived here: Rosa’s Tortilla Factory, Risky’s BBQ, Braums Ice Cream to name a few.

We took a day to hang out in Grape Vine TX. Jon lived in Grapevine as a missionary for 6 months.  That meant, he walked down the same streets contacting and teaching people every day and got to know the city EXTREMELY well. We walked around the cute city and did some window shopping. I splurged and got one of those bubble necklaces that everybody has and I have wanted for MONTHS. A local artist made the knock off I bought, so I felt pretty good about supporting the local economy in Grapevine TX.  We also saw some glass blowing, but the highlight of the day was watching a gun fight on a clock tower. 

We’ve been staying with the Burton’s. They were one of Jon’s favorite families on the mission. Their son Daniel went out with Jon a lot to prepare for his mission.  He is engaged to Dawnielle, and we got to hang out with them one of our first nights here.  They are super fun and funny. It is nice to add to our growing list of married friends! Here is a picture of them that I grabbed off of their facebook like a creepy stalker because I cannot seem to remember to take pictures when we are actually with people.
They are getting married in December... So excited for them!

1 comment:

  1. Braums ice cream! My parents took me to Braums on my baptism day. Fond memories.

    ReplyDelete