Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 37: Swamps, Bayous and Alligators

We made it to New Orleans!  Won’t lie, Jon and I are SUPER excited about this part of the journey.  We’ve never been AND I get to see my best girl friend ANNIE!  Jon has never met her and her husband… and I’ve only met her hubby at their wedding, and in order to be couples  friends we need to get those two guys together.

The journey was 350 miles and it took us about 8 hours. It would have taken a normal car about 5.5 hours. We got in around 9:30 and chatted until all of us could hardly keep our eyes open.  There is just something about friends that you have known for a long time, they just get you. I am SO happy to spend some time with them.
The next morning we went on a beautiful run by a river and then went on a swamp tour!  It was probably one of the coolest things we have ever done.  I fell in love with this little 3 year old alligator. We did see some big alligators, but there were not a ton out because they hibernate for the winter. It was absolutely beautiful out there and we soaked it in for as long as we could.



For dinner we went to a place the tour guide (I call him Cajun Bob) suggested. He really lives on the bayou and raises alligators in his house and sounded like someone off of Water Boy. We made sure to get the frog legs. My dad says he grew up eating frog legs and that he liked them... We thought they were OK, but neither of us will probably ever order them again!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of your time in New Orleans. I think this post will help further convince Jeremy that it's worth taking me to. Cute alligator!

    ReplyDelete