Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 47: The Ocean at Sunset

Our first day in HB we went to church with Jeremy SarahLynn and Tanner.  It was fun to be there with them, and Jon got a kick out of all of the guys in Elders Quorum talking about going surfing.  I loved watch SarahLynn in action teaching the 3 year old class.  She was SO good at teaching and randomly the lesson for this week was about music (she is a elementary school music teacher in real life!). So the kids were adorable, and so was she.  After church we went to the ocean and looked at tide pools.  We spent the afternoon putting our fingers into sea anemone, and trying not to slip on the course rocks and muscles we were standing on.

SarahLynn has a good eye for sea slugs, she found 4 and made me touch 1, it was super slimy but I’m glad she made me do it!
Jon is master at finding starfish, and he picked up the whole rock, so nothing was harmed :-)
I think Jon kinda looks like the virgin de Guatalupe here
My brother and beautiful sister in law
Jeremy said that this was a very artistic picture, so I put it up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment